VCA Animal Referral and Emergency Center of Arizona (ARECA) in Mesa, Arizona is seeking an experienced Veterinary Radiologist to join our 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice serving the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
$50,000 Signing and Relocation Bonus offered!
ACVR or ECVDI board certification, or post-resident trainees qualified for the examination will be considered.
ARECA is one of the top veterinary specialty centers in the Southwest, with a strong clinical caseload and a longstanding reputation for excellence. We perform more than 1,500 CT scans and over 3,000 ultrasound exams per year.
Our current veterinary roster includes 2 Surgeons, 2 Internists – one double boarded in Nutrition, a Criticalist, an Oncologist (practice limited to Oncology), a Behaviorist, 3 ER Doctors, 7 Interns and a 2nd year specialized Surgery Intern. A dedicated Imaging team consisting of three highly trained radiology technicians complements our well-trained support staff.
Our state-of-the-art, 18,000 sq. ft. facility features two Sound/Eklin DR systems, Toshiba Aquilion 8 MDCT, Logiq 9 US, Doppler, DRE monitors, Storz Video Endoscopy system with rhinoscope, C-arm fluoroscopy, gastroscope, colonoscope, and laparoscopy/arthroscopy equipment. We also perform minimally invasive procedures for tracheal and urethral stenting.
Mesa is the third-largest city in Arizona and the nation's 38th-largest city. The City provides the advantages of a thriving metropolis while maintaining the feel of a suburban environment. With dynamic recreational, educational and business environments, Mesa enjoys the best in a variety of amenities including parks within easy walking distance from home, a variety of sports facilities that cater to athletes young and old, highly rated golf courses for every skill level, and a diversity of special events and community festivals.
The Phoenix/Mesa area is also home to year-round professional baseball, as well as professional football, basketball, and hockey. You can reach the Red Rocks of Sedona in 90 minutes, the cool pines of Flagstaff and the White Mountains in 3 hours, the majesty of the Grand Canyon in 4 hours, and the beaches of Mexico or San Diego in 6 hours.
The Specialist in Veterinary Radiology—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Radiologist educates referring veterinarians on, advocates for, and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental, and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals. Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Residency training with board eligibility or certification in Veterinary Radiology.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Arizona.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including: timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the local referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Assist with marketing the services of the specialty practice through a variety of outreach programs, some of which include: making hospital visits to referring veterinarians, assisting with local CE meetings, answering all calls from referring veterinarians promptly, helping with production of hospital newsletters and case reports.
- Assist with the training of interns and residents, under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Opportunity to visit the hospital during the October 2018 ACVR Annual Scientific Meeting located in Phoenix is encouraged and welcomed!