Have you ever dreamt of living ‘Down Under’? See kangaroos and colourful birds in your backyard, enjoy the Australian lifestyle at one of Sydney’s picturesque beaches, or just being able to stroll down the road to see views of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House? Sound enticing…………...we think so! The Hospital:
Here at the Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), we are lucky enough to be located in North Ryde in beautiful Sydney with a second hospital at the Central Coast, short drive north of Sydney. We are a large multi-disciplinary veterinary referral hospital and 24-hour emergency department with an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to our patients.
SASH sees over 8000 specialist cases each year and is currently supported by 2 European boarded Diagnostic Imaging Specialists across North Ryde and Tuggerah Radiology is well resourced across both sites with:
- Onsite imaging of the highest standard with digital radiography, fluoroscopy and ultrasound (Sydney & Central Coast)
- 64-slice and 6-slice Philips Brilliance CT scanner (Sydney & Central Coast)
- 1.5T Siemens Essenza MRI operated by a full-time radiographer (Sydney)
The successful applicant will be working to support a large multi-disciplinary team including Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Radiation and Medical Oncology, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy, Avian/Exotics and Emergency and Critical Care.
You will be working in our team existing of 2 DipECVDI, 1 full time radiographer (MRI) and 3 imaging nurses.
The applicant must be comfortable in an environment where all are encouraged to collaborate on patient care, and where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal and attentive service. The ideal candidate:
What we can offer you:
- Board certification in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging with the American, European or Australian Colleges. Board-eligible candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Exceptional communication skills
- A commitment to providing the highest level of patient care
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to multi task and handle a high volume of cases
- A strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Competitive salary ($130,000 - $170,000 depending in experience)
- Conference leave
- Great work-life balance
- Supportive multinational team of SASH specialists, nurses and support staff
- A great learning environment team that loves to share knowledge and experience.
- Free onsite parking and proximity to public transport
- Continuing education allowance each year
This role is available to start immediately.
If you would like to know more, please contact our Human Resources department on +61 2 9889 0289 with any questions!