The Medical Director (MD) provides leadership for a hospital in partnership with the Hospital Director (HD). The MD is the local leader of Medical Services including all specialty and emergency doctors and is responsible for dyad leadership of the Healthcare Team. The MD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet’s core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. The MD directly supports doctors and the Health Care team directly, at each hospital and works collaboratively with each level of the MedVet organization to improve and sustain MedVet’s focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best in class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission – Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. About MedVet:
- MedVet is one of the largest employee-owned and veterinarian-led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We offer each doctor the unique opportunity to become a shareholder.
- Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization.
- We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees. This is the MedVet Experience!
- MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life/long term disability insurance, 401k plan, CE allowance, discounted personal pet care and a uniform allowance.
POSITIONS CURRENTLY OPENED IN THE MIDWEST and TEXAS !
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital
- Oversee the Emergency and Specialty Services of the hospital
- Ensure the clinical team has the resources and tools to deliver the MedVet Experience for the patient, client and referral partner
- Work with operations and IT to insure supplies, equipment and technical tools are available and functional
- Work with Specialty and ER departments to develop and maintain systems for communication and handling of patients between departments, including transfers, after hour exams, and transport among hospitals.
- Assist in ensuring the practice complies with the State Veterinary Medical Practice Act, OSHA and AAHA standards.
- Work Collaboratively with the Regional Medical Director (RMD)/HD and Medical Operations team to Prepare and Manage Hospital Budget and Capital Budget:
- Includes revenue budget, expense budget, profit and loss statements, and management of payroll to revenue
- Encourage participation of all depts. (doctors and clinical managers) in capital budget process
- Partner with Medical Recruiting Team in Doctor Recruitment
- Doctor Onboarding/Mentorship/Training/Evaluation/Support
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and execution for the hospital yearly
- Lead Results Management Meetings for Hospital with the local leadership team
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are constantly monitored and fostered in order to be strong and growing
- Foster a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE activities by the doctors and HD
- Patient Care Problems/Client Complaint/Referral Partner Problems Resolution
For more information about MedVet visit our website at www.medvet.com
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.