Malvern, PA- Veterinary Radiologist (DACVR)
Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking a full-time board-certified radiologist to join our three radiologist team. Our new facility opened in 2013 and is currently undergoing a renovation/expansion. Our current facilities allow for access to two ultrasound exam rooms/machines, digital radiography, a 16-slice CT, and 1.5 Tesla MRI. We recognize the skill and value of our radiologists as demonstrated by a culture of having no internal competition with other specialists. Hope radiologists interpret 100% of all radiographs, ultrasounds, CTs and MRIs performed in the hospital. Our compensation structure further emphasizes that value. Our radiologists enjoy a flexible work week. A busy and growing caseload allows for professional success while our hospital culture prioritizes a work life balance that supports personal time outside of the hospital.
If the radiologists so choose, there is a mechanism in place for utilizing partner radiologists in assisting with reading radiographs, CTs and MRIs. The partner radiologist is approved by our Hope radiologists who also assist with quality control for any radiographs read off site.
Our ideal candidate will possess the qualities that allow them to provide excellent clinical care while working closely with our technical staff to elevate their level of knowledge and skills. Interest in participating in a quality assurance program for the hospital is valued.
Our practice is comprised of small animal board-certified specialists in nearly every division of veterinary medicine (anesthesiology and pain management, acupuncture, cardiology, dermatology, dental and oral surgery, emergency and critical care medicine, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, radiology and diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology and surgery) and the diverse caseload from both our emergency service and other internal departments provides a stimulating, fast-paced environment for any radiologist in addition to providing 24-hour coverage for hospitalized cases.
As a veterinarian owned practice, Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We pride ourselves in fostering a culture that is free of the corporate influence that is becoming more common in veterinary medicine. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through local, national and international continuing education as well as community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 29,000 sq ft. practice includes a dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT/ABG), endoscopy, and a fully equipped minimally invasive surgery suite. For the interested candidate, opportunities for participation in fluoroscopic minimally invasive procedures exist. On-site MRI, linear accelerator, and Cyberknife are located adjacent to our building.
Malvern and the surrounding communities represent the best of what the Philadelphia region has to offer. The Great Valley School system is ranked as one of the top in the state while the scenic and historic Pennsylvania countryside boasts open space, beautiful homes, and thriving neighborhoods.
Malvern is located at the end of the “Main Line”, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia. Philadelphia and our local community offer a wide variety of cultural activities, world-class restaurants and exciting nightlife. Skills and Qualifications:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) from an AVMA accredited school, eligible to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
- Preferably board-certified in radiology, but board-eligible will be considered
- Competency in all diagnostic imaging modalities – radiography, ultrasonography, and interpretation of CT and MRI.
- Ability to effectively and actively educate our staff in diagnostic imaging.
- Active marketing of the hospital including referring veterinarian outreach, CE lectures, participation in hospital publications and newsletters
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse, complex, and fast-paced caseload
- Proficiency in teaching and hands-on learning necessitating the qualified individual be comfortable and excel in the various styles of communication
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision coverage with no waiting period.
- Short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance with no waiting period.
- 401(k) with company match after 1 year (100% match on first 3% of salary contribution and 50% match on next 2% of salary contribution up to 5% of salary contribution).
- Generous continuing education allowance.
- One week of paid CE time.
- Generous vacation/sick leave package.
- Professional dues and uniform allowance.
- Maternity leave with full pay for 4 weeks.
- Financial relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery. Working here is not just a job but also a unique opportunity to challenge the status quo in veterinary medicine and develop every aspect of your potential to its limit. We believe in practicing both the science and the art of veterinary medicine in an environment that fosters out of the box thinking, collaboration, and communication amongst each other and the outside world and having fun while doing so.
or call 610-296-2099.