Director, Postgraduate Medical Education
The Director of Post-Graduate Medical Education will have overall responsibilities of working with doctors and Medical Directors to enhance existing doctor training programs and implement new programs throughout our nationwide network of veterinary emergency and multi-specialty hospitals. These training programs include rotating internships, specialty internships, our Emergency Clinician Mentorship Program, and all specialty residencies as recognized by the American Board of Veterinary Specialties of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
The Director of Postgraduate Medical Education will provide leadership, mentoring, and administrative oversight of all training programs. Collaborative opportunities with academic institutions is highly encouraged. This role will ensure individual hospital training programs meet all requirements for accreditation, support all supervising mentors, establish appropriate trainee monitoring for completion of program requirements, and create an environment of trainee wellbeing support. This position is a key member of the Healthcare Team that reports to the Chief Medical Officer. The geographic location of this position is flexible, as long as the role is based in one of our larger hospitals. What you’ll be doing:
This position requires:
- In collaboration with Medical Directors & Regional Medical Directors, designing a multi-year strategy for all postgraduate medical services training programs.
- Collaborating with the Medical Services Recruiting team to identify current & future needs, manage the match process, and ensure we are recruiting and training the best and brightest doctors
- Refining & executing trainee onboarding programs
- Has overall accountability for the successful completion of trainee program requirements, which will require strong partnership with other doctors throughout MedVet
- Assuring continued accreditation of all medical education programs by adhering to program requirements
- Identifying national and regional trends in Postgraduate Medical Education and help ensure that MedVet is meeting the needs of the profession
- Identify best practices internally within programs and help adopt these processes where applicable across all of MedVet
- Serve as an active member of Medical Services Leadership Team
- Will oversee process for Annual Program Evaluation providing an effective continuous improvement model for program improvement.
- Maintaining knowledge of continually evolving trends of medical education and continuing medical education, as well as specialty Board requirements.
- Oversee the creation of and maintenance of affiliation agreements and relationships with associated veterinary schools/colleges.
- Work with Medical Leadership team, as appropriate, in retaining residents as an attending doctor after completion of the residency program.
Who you are:
- Strong planning & organizing skills with ability to manage projects/programs effectively
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively both inside and outside the organization
- Results driven and continuous improvement oriented
- Strong personal accountability
- Creative yet practical problem solver
- DVM with board certification as recognized by American Board of Veterinary Specialties of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in their area of specialty medicine
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a resident supervisor
- Strong communication skills & executive presence
- Strong relationships across the veterinary profession
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.